Friday, December 17, 2010

Family Last Name Change - What About My Children & My New Married Last Name?

Bride Name Change Software - Blended Family Name Change - "I am recently married, and want to change my two children's legal last names to my new husband's legal last name... can your software help me?"

Answer

We have had calls from women believing that their minor children could, simply and automatically, take on the new husband's last name, so the following:

If your children are minors, then any legal name change will take place, usually in the local family court. Once the permission to change the minor children's last name to that of the mother's new married last name is granted, then the government and others may be notified of the same. From here the process outlined in The Name Change kit For Brides sofware may be adapted to each child's age group.

No comments: